September 3 – 4, 2021
Join us in downtown Marion the first weekend of every month for Make it Marion!
You’re invited to “America’s Coolest Hometown” for a weekend of live music, food trucks, art gallery openings, and pop-up sales at merchants all over town.
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 3rd
Starting at 4pm, participating businesses throughout historic downtown Marion invite you to shop, dine and celebrate First Fridays with us in “America’s Coolest Hometown!”
Extended hours, discounts, special food and drink menus, and live music at participating businesses FRIDAY NIGHT!
SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 4th
Saturday, head to the Marion Farmers Market for produce, meats and treats, then spend the day strolling Marion’s Main Street, touring the Wayne C. Henderson School of Appalachian Arts, sampling a cold brew at 36 Fifty Brewing or a hand crafted whiskey at Highlands Distilling. Saturday night is the famous Song of the Mountains at The Lincoln Theatre, taped in front of a live audience and broadcast across the world.
More about First Fridays in Marion
Nothing to do in Marion? Join us again this Friday, September 3rd for our First Fridays!!First Fridays September 3rdParticipating businesses throughout historic downtown Marion invite you to shop, dine and celebrate First Fridays with us in “America’s Coolest Hometown!” Extended hours, discounts, special food and drink menus, and live music at participating businesses THIS FRIDAY NIGHT!
Participating Marion businesses include:
– General Francis Marion Hotel, 107 East Main. Free historic hotel tours and refreshments 4-7pm.
– Moon Dog Brick Oven Pizzaria, 111 East Main. Food and drink specials. Open 4pm-10pm.
– Hester’s Country Store, 112 East Main. Buy a pound of homemade fudge, get ½ pound free. Plus 10% off select merchandise. Open til 8pm
.- The Lincoln Theatre / Lola’s Gifts, 114 E. Main. Gifts, tours and treats available until 7pm.
– Laurel Springs Farm Store, 118 East Main. Stop in for Specials Open 11am-7pm
– Lou & Co. Pop Up Ladies Apparel Shop, inside Laurel Springs Farm Store, 118 East Main. Open 11am – 7pm.
– The Wooden Pickle, 120 E. Main St. The “Pickle” Cuban ($12) or Salmon Cakes with sesame roasted path of Life Grains ($14) from 4:30pm – 10pm.
– Smyth Animal Rescue, 112 South Iron Street Mall. Open house and “Kitten Meet & Greet”. Open 4pm-8pm.
– The Daisy Boutique, 201 E. Main. Summer Clearance Sale from 12pm – 7pm. – Weddings Plus, 208 E. Main. Storewide Clearance from 12pm – 7pm.
– Sisters Café, 212 E. Main. Tumbling Creek Hard Cider Tasting from 5pm – 7pm. – Downtown Resale Boutique, 212 E. Main St. Suite B. 20% off of purchase of $50 or more on Vintage Wear. Open till 7:30pm.
– Past Time Antique Emporium, 228 E. Main. 10% off any item over $20 from 11am – 7pm.
– Blue Ridge Outfitters, 116 S. commerce St. Buy One Get One Free & Buy One Get One half off specials all day Friday plus giveaways and a drawing for a gift card. Open until 6pm.
– The Ford Studios, 103 Pendleton. “CORPOREAL” Art Show Opening featuring anatomy. Free refreshments. Open 6pm-9pm.
– Kings Bridge Food Court, Local Food Trucks form 6pm – 9pm – LIVE MUSIC featuring Ryan Eastridge and Ron Thomas at various locations throughout the event.